So, we finally got the new piano tuned today. Of course, they had to raise the pitch 40% on the whole thing because it hasn’t been tuned in a while, but that is no big deal. It will just take another visit or two to get it all settled. However, the piano tech saw a little creature scurrying around in there, which we now must catch. Sounds like a cute little mouse, but nonetheless, he must die. We will try to trap him, and if that isn’t successful, we’ll have to roll the piano outside and fog him out. Sounds like so much fun…
I spent two days at the book swap last week, but didn’t do very well. I actually sold quite a few things, but still spent more than I made. The second day was so slow, I read the whole history of Julius Caesar from a “Landmark” history book that I bought. If you are old enough to remember those (I’m not!), it was a series of biographies and historical accounts written in the 50’s and 60’s, before they really started “messing” with history. Apparently many homeschoolers collect them, so I guess I’ll have to start. Wouldn’t want to me abby-normal, now would I?? Besides, I’m always looking for room to add another bookshelf.
The boys have been nicely occupied all afternoon by a slew of Star Wars toys we were given. I had finally managed to clean out and rid their rooms of any of those, and got rid of all those annoying light sabers, only to bring home a trash bag full! I can’t complain too much about it, though. Although I’d rather they be playing something else, they have all three been busy, and playing TOGETHER without much fighting for hours. They hurried through their school work to get right to playing. I, on the other hand, must pay the bills… no play for Mom today!
No comments:
Post a Comment