Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Calendar
How is it that the calendar can fill up SO fast? Craig and I were sitting down last night to make a camping reservation for the Summer. All we were looking for were TWO nights, and they just weren't to be found!! We finally did nail down a couple, but it's just crazy. I can't even imagine if I worked!! Now, I can imagine if the kids went to school, and I spent every morning cleaning the house and getting stuff done. But, I wouldn't trade their being home for anything. The chaos gets pretty overwhelming, but it's a stark reminder of the patience God grants to me every day. Some days I get more than others. Or, maybe I should say that some days I USE more of what He gives me! Yesterday, all the boys went out to collect bugs. They ended up with a quart jar half-full of stink bugs and moths, and who knows what else. Then they caught a lizard. I was just happy they were outside having fun - kind of hard with the heat! But, they decided to bring it in to show me and thought it was great fun when they opened the lid and let the awful smell of those stink bugs waft into my cave. (The bear cave is the name of my little office space, in which they are not allowed!) Terribly offensive, I tell you! The day before, they caught a toad in the garden. I just can't imaging what it would be like to have clean, nice-smelling little girls who dont do these kinds of things. Um... maybe it would be CLEAN and NICE-SMELLING!We had plans to meet friends at the park today, but I canceled them because weather.com said there was a 70% chance of severe thunderstorms. Hmm... Now I'm looking out the window at beautiful blue skies and almost 90 degrees. Go figure. Levi was looking at the weathr site with me yesterday when I told him it was supposed to rain today. He screwed his face up into a grimace and said, "How do THEY know? God makes the decisions!" I guess I should have listened to Levi!Here's a picture from the lake the other day. Dad just won't smile. He had fun, though. There's nothing like hot dogs and watermelon and a day of swimming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment