Monday, October 18, 2010

Tears

The boys and I are snuggled up in bed watching Letters to God. When I say snuggled, I mean that I can hardly move my arms to type because I have a boy pressing on either side of me. Craig and I watched this movie last night, then decided it would be a good one for the boys to watch. It is also a good time for me to blog, because when we watched last night, I cried so much I had a terrible headache all night and most of the day. So, it will help to keep my mind on something else while they watch. I’m just here for moral support tonight. If you haven’t seen this movie, I highly recommend it, but I’ll warn you that it’s very emotional, especially for parents of boys! There is a great brother dynamic in it, and that’s the main reason I thought it would be so good for our boys, as well as the outlook of a child with cancer who trusts in God. I’m so impressed with the faith-based movies that have come out in the past few years, and how available they have become. It’s a blessing for those of us who love to watch movies!

Only a few days left until we find out if our sweet little broody hen’s sitting will pay off. We are expecting the eggs to hatch around the 22nd of this month. I candled them last night, which just means that I shined a bright light through the eggs to see if they had chicks in them, and it looked like we had at least two with babies. How cute it would be to have little chicks with a mama running around! We’ve had plenty of chicks, and they were cute, but it’s not the same as them following a mama hen around.

Well, the waterworks are starting here, so it’s time for me to put on my best comforting act and snuggle some sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment