All I can hear is my computer whirring and the sound of the fans blowing. Amazing! My most awesome mother-in-love has the boys for the next two nights so I can clean house for company and enjoy a little grown-up time. Am I cleaning? Well… since it was such a beautifully quiet morning, and I get to have coffee on this official-start-of-the-weekend day, I decided I would take a few minutes to relax before diving in.
I love having company, mostly because I really clean the house. Once I find the duster and mop (since I can’t remember where I put them six months ago), I’m a happy girl for the next four hours… which is about how long it stays clean. Since the boys are gone, though, I might get eight or so out of it this time… until I cook. It reminds me of our newlywed days, when Craig would go to work, and I’d stay home and watch soaps and clean. Actually, I’m not sure what I did, because the house was always clean. And I mean CLEAN! My definition of clean has changed a lot over the past few years, mostly since we came to this house. For some reason, we cannot keep this house clean. The navy blue (gag) carpet may have a lot to do with it, of course, but we just seem to be busier here. Now, when we ‘clean the house,’ we vacuum, put away our things that are lying around the house, sweep, and wipe down. No more dusting, oiling the wood furniture, cleaning ceiling fans, or even cleaning windows, which used to be weekly, or at least monthly tasks. Those things are now reserved for when “comp’ny’s comin’.” Someday… I’ll have my clean house back. But for now, I have boys!
So… I’d better give up this little farce, this dreamy escape from reality where I pretend I have nothing to do but sip coffee and blog. There are dust bunnies awaiting extermination!
On a side note… why don’t we have keys on our keyboard that type musical notes? Sometimes I want to sing in the blog, and just writing the words doesn’t seem good enough. If I could just type a few little notes along the sides… someone techie needs to get on that.
On another side note… Honey gave me a wake-up back and foot massage this morning and I’d like to recognize him for his exceptional care as a husband. He’s really wonderful. And handsome.
Enough with the side notes… that’s what happens when I have coffee now. That means it’s the perfect time to clean!
No comments:
Post a Comment