Monday, September 21, 2009

Zoom, zoom, zoom

Week 2 of the school year, and we started late again! I woke up this morning with day 2 of a terrible headache, so I took some Tylenol and went back to sleep on the couch while the kids watched Bonanza and The Lucy Show (later version of I Love Lucy). When I got up at 10, the headache was better, but it has lingered throughout the day. I have a wonderful chiropractor, but he’s too far away for me to run over and get a treatment! We did manage to get EVERYTHING done for school, though, which is AWESOME, even on a good day!

The family has been well all of the past week, sans the headache, and functioning at full capacity, for a change. Well, still a little tired, but well. Last week finished out with our school work done and the house reasonably clean, so that’s a pretty productive week. Saturday, we slept in (I slept latest, of course), then I headed for the kitchen to make a yummy Saturday breakfast of homemade biscuits and gravy. Before I could get it started, though, Craig found a dirt bike for Jake online, and they decided to head into town to get it. Jake has had his money saved for several months, just waiting for the right bike to come along, and his Dad to have time to go get it, so he was uber-excited. I can’t say I wasn’t a little thrilled, too, at having the whole troop of boys tumble out the door, knowing I’d have the house to myself for several hours. I finished up all my cooking for our church dinner, then met them in town. Jake rattled on about his new helmet, down to the pattern decorating it, and his goggles, and his bike. He didn’t get to ride it until Sunday morning, for about two minutes, then again Sunday night for a while, but he loves it. He even changed the screensaver on the computer in his room to say, “Dirt bikes rock! Especially my awesome new one!” Silly. Right now, he’s pacing the floor, waiting for his dad to get home so they can ride again. Craig bought an old three-wheeler last week, so now we EACH have an atv. The one that will be Levi’s is currently out of commission, but it should be back in service before long, so we’ll all have our own rides when we go hunting. Not that I’ve ever actually BEEN hunting, as an active participant, and Luke and Levi are still too young, but, just in case, you know. You might be a redneck if….

Luke and Levi are arguing behind me over their Battleship game. Hmmm… apparently Levi convinced Luke to tell him where some of his boats were, and now Luke is trying to get the same information from Levi, who didn’t ACTUALLY agree to those terms. Ah, yes, it ends in a big “I QUIT!” Board games are so much fun!

I’d better get off the computer now. I’ve hardly been on at all today, with trying to fit school into a few hours and doing laundry, but I have to make cornbread to go with the bean soup we have left over from the dinner. I’m going to make these leftovers stretch as long as possible…

No comments:

Post a Comment