Well, here we are, back at Monday. This is officially our second try at starting our school year, and I’m feeling pretty icky again. Kari-friend asked me last night whose turn it was to delay school this time, and I guess it’s mine. I woke up with high hopes, having actually gotten some sleep last night, even with having to get up every two hours to use the nasal spray (miracle drug!). The night before, I took Sudafed, then couldn’t sleep for three hours of the early morning, so I didn’t make that mistake again. I try not to use medication, but when it comes to breathing, the nose spray and I are very tight. I use the Sudafed on occasion, but only if I’m desperate. The boys are all much better. Jake is breathing regularly again, after several days of nebulizer treatments and getting back on allergy pills and asthma preventers (for a little while, at least). Then I started in again, and it just seems to be hanging on. It would be better to have it and get it over with, than to feel good one day, bad the next, and keep repeating the cycle. Today, however, we WILL be starting school (Lord willing, of course)– aches or not! We’ll take it a little lighter, as everyone has new books with which to become familiar, before we really dig in tomorrow.
The ‘school area’ has really shaped up, with the new desks, freshly built shelves for books, and a brilliant swing-arm mount for my computer monitor. Not only does it free up space on my desk, but I can swing my monitor wherever I want it… in the air! It’s pretty cool. (Thanks, Dad!) We’ve also gotten all of our folders organized, labeled, and ready for the year, so I don’t have to let all the papers stack up in the “to file” basket.
The weather remains wet and beautiful, such a great relief from the heat and dryness of the whole summer. We lost a tree the other night, though it doesn’t appear to have been struck by lightning. It was a giant oak that split right down the middle, all the way into the dirt, laying each side down on the ground. I’m not real sure what happened there, unless it just got too dry and brittle. I haven’t been out to investigate, since it’s so muddy, but Jake said there aren’t any burn marks. We have lost roughly two trees a year since we moved out here, so we should be good for about the next 100 years before we’re barren. It still isn’t pleasant to lose even one oak… take the cedar if you must, but please leave the oaks!
My hot tea is empty and all the kids are up, so I should probably figure out what to feed them. Then we’ll get on with our first day…. Again!
No comments:
Post a Comment