Friday, January 14, 2011

Goals

Good Friday morning! Sorry for the absence, but this cedar has really been barraging us, and with restless, stuffy nights, sleeping late in the morning, and not feeling well, I haven’t had time for much besides the essentials. Today is starting off very well, though. I got a good night’s sleep, have a full day ahead of me, and I feel good. That’s so nice for a change!

Today is Neco’s birthday! He’s 3, and I’m sure we’ll have a special lunch for him, candles and all. We always do. Here’s his first birthday.



Neco is definitely the most loved dog we’ve ever had, but he can be a real toot. He runs off down the street for a little visit to who-knows-where every chance he gets, and there’s nothing we can do but wait for him to come back. He’s usually only gone about 30 minutes, but it’s super annoying. Our whole place is fenced, except the front, because we would have to install electric gates to get in the driveway, and he always manages to get out there. Just another little boy in my world…

It’s been really cold here lately. I have done my best to stay in the house, in sweatpants, with a hot beverage in my hand as much as possible. It’s worked out pretty well, unless I absolutely have to leave. I get a little stir-crazy sometimes, but it doesn’t take long outside the house to fix that.

I haven’t decided yet if I will put forth the effort on another garden this year. I was SO disappointed last year, and worked SO hard (all of us did!), that it’s not a very appealing thought at this point. Our outside fridge is completely full of pickled okra, so it’s not like we need to do that again, and I just don’t relish the thought of toiling our hind quarters off just to watch some more plants die. Go figure. I’m still thinking about it, though. Maybe we’ll plant one or two beds with tomatoes and peppers. Or maybe not. The grocery tends to sell very nice ones in the summer time, and I don’t have to labor for weeks and weeks to get them. (I guess Honey still does, ggl.) Yes, it’s healthier to grow your own, but it is NOT cost-effective if you never actually GET any! If I’m going to be out in the heat in July, I’d rather be at the river, or in my trampoline tanning booth than weeding and working the garden. Yes, I think I see which direction I’m leaning, but we won’t make any rash decisions just yet.

It’s that time of year again, or life, maybe, where I feel… unsettled. Actually, that happens several times a year, I guess. It doesn’t feel like anything is permanent, but it’s not moving, either. It’s kind of a limbo. The house, school, everything seems to move from day to day, but I’m not sure where they’re going. Maybe it’s as simple as we need to sit down and write out some real, concrete goals for what we want out of the next year, two years, or five years. Or maybe it’s just … that time of the year. Well, that got me nowhere. See? That’s exactly what I mean. Now you’re as lost and unsettled as I am. Almost.

I’d better do something productive. Sitting here thinking and writing isn’t getting me anywhere. My goal for today is to get our schoolwork done and head into town, so I’d better do something to meet that one, at least! And it’s Friday, so I see a Bux in my future. Now, there’s a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment