Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fast food, anyone?

I just posted a poll on our blog page, asking how many times a week you eat fast food. This is sparked by all the recent news attention given to the “burger that won’t die.” Here are a couple of articles on it, which may inspire us to do an experiment of our own. It’s hard to turn down the opportunity to weave our school studies into life, especially when it involves food! We did an experiment several years ago to determine whether microwaving water had an effect on a growing plant. We microwaved a gallon of water, let it cool, then used it to water a plant over the course of a couple months. There was a second plant, which we watered with water that had not been microwaved, and it grew healthier and taller than the first. I’ve tried to find that blog post, but haven’t found it yet. I’ll keep looking. Go vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment