I had to share this, as I was so impressed with Honey’s wit, and wisdom tonight. He often impresses me with them, but I thought his idea was so true, not only in the context in which it took place, but in life.
After dinner, he started going back and forth from the fridge to the pantry, to the fridge, to the pantry. We’d had a full dinner, you see, but when the boys start growing like they are, Daddy quickly learns that he’s not the only one in the family for whom the three extra pieces of chicken are seconds. Up until now, all the excess food was his, but the boys are eating more than me, so he’s got challengers.
“What are you looking for?” I asked, figuring he wanted something sweet, since we didn’t have dessert tonight. I brought in my Valentine’s chocolates, willing to share. “Will this help?”
“I don’t really want anything sweet, I’m still hungry,” he said, discouraged. I went through my usual list of offerings… fruit, milk, and, of course, a big glass of water, because, ‘many times when you THINK you’re hungry, you’re just thirsty.’ He wasn’t up for any of my suggestions.
“It’s the same thing, you know,” I commented playfully, as he bent over and stuck his head into the pantry for about the fourth time.
“Yeah, but my standards are lower every time I open it,” he replied.
I couldn’t help but laugh, and said, “You know, that is SO true!” He’s wiser than his years, I tell you.
No comments:
Post a Comment