Monday, February 15, 2010

Great start to the week

What an amazing Monday, so far! The sun is shining gloriously outside, the laundry is rolling along, the house is pretty clean, I feel good, and the kids are behaving! Are we experiencing a freak celestial anomaly in which all the planets lined up, or what? Lunch is warming in the oven, so we’ll actually eat by 1 pm, and the kids are outside taking a short break. Although we got a late start this morning, as usual, it was because we got the laundry going and started a big batch of homemade granola, and when we started lessons, everyone was quiet, focused, and only one of them complained. It was beautiful. After lunch, we’ll finish up our school work, then they will be free to enjoy the rest of the afternoon outside. I, on the other hand, am looking forward to finishing my skirt renovation project that has been hanging around, and, time permitting, sitting down with one of my chicken books and having a cup of hot jasmine tea. I am anticipating a good feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction by the end of this day. Oh, and I haven’t even raised my voice this morning. If that continues through the rest of the day, I will be convinced that the planets ARE in line!

Sunday was a lovely Lord’s Day, enriched by its being Valentine’s Day, as well. I got to spend the day with all of my sweeties, both my own and others. The boys each made me a card and brought me small gifts, including chocolates and an avocado peeler, and Craig gave me an apron that says “Wild Woman” on it, in addition to the roses he brought home Friday. Luke expressed his concern that he only got one Valentine’s card, from Mawmaw. THAT made me feel great! I hadn’t intended to get them anything, since Valentine’s is really about your spouse, but I reminded him that I DID make them heart-shaped scones for breakfast Saturday, and heart-shaped cookies for lunch. I also told him I would share my chocolate, which made up for any disappointment he had. He’s already asked when we’re going to eat some chocolate several times this morning. They are my sweeties. Sometimes, though, they’re like the truffles I buy at the store without telling anyone and bury deep in the freezer. I know they’re in there somewhere, I just can’t seem to find them when I need them!

Saturday was a fairly productive day, as intended. Craig got the porch started, but didn’t have enough lumber to finish the extension, since we decided on the final plan AFTER he went to the store. He got a lot done, though, and got to be in the sunshine for a while, which I know he enjoyed. I did get to go out, but I paid for it. I was enjoying the sun so much, even in long pants and long sleeves, that I sat outside and repaired the cooler, took my garden soil sample, checked all the chicken supplies, and trimmed the Wisteria that whips me in the face every time I walk out to the garage. Jake and I burned the trimmings, and I ended up being out there for several hours. While it was extremely nice, I sure paid for it later with sneezing, stuffiness, and a headache that lasted all night and day. It didn’t ruin my weekend, but I sure wish I could be outdoors in the Fall, Winter, or Spring, and not get sick. You would think, with all the vitamins, supplements, and healthy food I ingest, I would be a powerhouse of health, but these allergies just refuse to die. I’m not sure I’d know what to do if they did, but I would have a good time figuring it out!

Now to close… if I sit here too long, it will end the productivity streak I have going!

No comments:

Post a Comment