When we left the courthouse, we headed into Marble Falls to hit the grocery, then had a big country breakfast at the Bluebonnet Café. Eggs, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, bacon, and giant pancakes with snow falling outside was just beautiful. As we walked out the door, I told the boys, “I LOVE homeschooling!!!” They agreed!
After breakfast, we headed out to Craig’s plant, which was deserted after he sent all the employees home for fear of icy roads. It was covered in a thick (thick for South Texas!) blanket of snow, and it was beautiful. The huge piles of material made perfect snow mountains.
We had a blast! We rolled down hills, ran through slush, and built their very first snowman. Now, that’s a big deal! We used what we had, so it wore my hat and scarf, rocks for eyes and mouth, Craig’s pocket knife for a nose, and Superman gloves.
After we were all thoroughly frozen, we collected two bags of fresh snow to take home for snow ice cream, something I remember making when I was about 4, in my mom’s yellow Tupperware mixing bowl. I can still remember the taste! The boys are very excited about that. We will probably have to postpone Luke’s current dessert restrictions for a day or two.
When we got home, we found quite a bit of snow here, too, so the boys got started immediately, making giant snowballs. The trampoline had about a foot of snow on it, but they quickly found that it’s not much fun to jump in wet snow in your socks! Thankfully, I put on a pot of apple cider last night in anticipation of the cold today, so we had a hot drink when we came in. Now, as more snow is falling, it’s time to curl up on the couch and rest for a while. School? Well, that will have to wait until tomorrow… snow and family time is more important than Science and History today! Besides, we had our civics lesson, and talked about the global warming farse in the truck, as the late February snow was coming down in Texas. God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment