I’m not sure why I always blog on Mondays. I think it’s a combination of a lot happening on the weekend to share, and regular Monday frustrations. I woke up this morning and actually got out of bed, after two weeks of sleeping late, which was a nice change. It’s not that I’d rather not sleep in, of course, just a nice change. I had only four more hours of family videos to burn to dvds, so I put those on, and they kept me glued to the tv in the bedroom for a while. It was so rainy and dark, and the boys came in and snuggled with me on the bed, so it wasn’t long before I was sleepy. I didn’t nap, but we relaxed and enjoyed the videos for a while. Thankfully, someone reminded me that I needed to do school today (not that I’d forgotten, we were just delaying), and we got up and got busy. (And, no, it wasn’t any of the boys!) We did get up and get to work, after putting on a pot of apple cider. Nothing says “Welcome!” to the winter like hot apple cider! (I’d better run and refill my cup right now to inspire my creativity…. Mmm… that’s better.)
After school I spent over an hour on the phone with Dell, again, and finally got a good resolution to my brand-new-computer-won’t-stay-on problem. They are sending an on-site technician out on Wednesday to install a new hard drive. Yay!!! I thought I was going to cry today just thinking about having to spend more time on the phone with them, so I was very relieved to hear him offer this solution, as I had just asked him if I could send the whole thing back. Maybe this will be easier, though I still have to reload all my programs and files. Oh, well.
We got to attend worship services yesterday as a family, for the first time in two weeks, now that everyone is well. Jake finally made it back into the land of the living, or functioning, at least, on Saturday, so we were able to venture out again. It was nice. As you may have heard said, or some variation, anyway, seven days without worship makes one weak!
Saturday, my birthday, was a really good day. It actually started on Friday, when my gal-pal Kari and I left our homes and families and ran away to Fredericksburg for the night and next day. Her birthday was this month, too, so we used the opportunity to plan a get-away. We got there in time for dinner Friday, so we got to enjoy a nice, grown-up dinner, and took dessert back to the room where we could get in our pjs and relax for a while in front of the tv… doing nothing and taking care of no one! If it weren’t for the loudness of the rooms above and beside us, apparently full of people in town for the food and wine festival that had been enjoying the biergartens, it would have been a very peaceful night. K didn’t have any trouble with the noise, but I spent most of the night wearing earplugs. We had a good breakfast the next morning and spent a few hours shopping before having a massage and facial at the spa, which really made the day relaxing. After dinner, we headed back to our families refreshed and rejuvenated. I REALLY needed the getaway and massage, after being stuck at home suffering and nursing the flu for two weeks! It was great, and totally took my mind off being old!
When I got home Saturday night, Craig and the boys had a nice surprise waiting for me. The house was very clean, and they had made a banner that stretched across the living room that said “Happy B-Day Mommy.” Each letter was hand colored and had a descriptive word to go with it, like “ B is for Bodacious,” and “D is for Dazzling.” It was very sweet. Then all the kids went to bed, which was also very sweet, while Craig and I talked and he watched me bead necklaces. It was a full, fun day. Maybe 32 won’t be so bad.
I got a lot of sewing done last week, finally paring down my pile. I got some altering done, made myself a “Little Bo Peep” Dress (navy with white ruffles around the edges), and made an apron from a thrift store skirt. I’m pretty happy with the progress. I also made three necklaces, a bracelet, and three pairs of earrings, so my beads got some attention, as well. I was finally motivated, and didn’t have a hundred other things to be doing, for a change! I’ve decided to start over on the dress form, so Craig will be taping me up again tonight. I can’t say he’s disappointed…
Although today is very wet (our rain gauge has over three inches again today!), tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and cool, so we are going to the zoo. Aunt Cari called and wanted to go, and that was a hard offer to refuse. I do have some cleaning to do before the Fall Ball on Friday, but we’ll manage. We all need a little excursion – I got mine on Saturday, but the kids stayed home, so they’ll appreciate a field trip. Now, I’m off to start a pot of potato soup, which sounds really yummy on this cold, damp day. Might have to have a long bath tonight, too…
No comments:
Post a Comment