We are finally back to school, and boy, did I miss it! When you get off your normal schedule, it just seems so chaotic! You think you need a vacation, then you can’t wait to get back to your work routine. I am excited about the new school year, as we finally get to do some more exciting things. I mean, phonics is not too bad, but ancient history, Greek mythology, life science, Latin, and good literature are MUCH more fun. This is the part I’ve been waiting for! It’s just going to be hard to keep from buying TOO many things and not have time to do them.
This past weekend, the kids and I went to Abilene for the Poynor reunion. We had a lot of fun, and I was glad to see family that I haven’t seen in five years. It’s funny how you don’t realize you miss something until you get it back… same with people. You don’t realize how much you’ve missed someone until you see them and get the warm fuzzies. Not that I get many warm fuzzies… I try to keep a tough reputation, you know. You can’t let people know that you shoot your pets AND cry when you listen to country music. It’s just too paradoxical.
Today is errand day, piano day, and mid-week service. That means a long, busy day, so I really don’t have time to be here on the computer. Especially when there are voices behind me… “Mom… mom…. mom…. mom…” The voices that never seem to quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment