Friday, July 11, 2008

Off the airwaves

Today we start our official family vacation week for this summer, so I am leaving you with a simple post before the hiatus. We have spent the day cleaning the house and preparing to leave, and my time is almost done.

Tonight I will be at a personal shower for a soon-to-be-married friend, Heather. Now, what woman can complain about going to dinner with a bunch of ladies and no kids allowed?! Sounds like fun to me! Add in some cake and naughty, I mean romantic gifts, and we're set! Tomorrow is game night... another fun time... another round of cake and knocking off. Then, Sunday after worship, we'll head out to the park for camping. Three days in the wilderness sounds pretty rough, you know. That is, until you count in the new camper with cold a/c, our own bedroom (Craig's favorite part), refrigerator, full-size shower, tv and dvd player. Somehow, that changes everything and makes camping sound SOOOOO much better! We are really looking forward to relaxing a little bit, swimming, and just taking it easy. And, obviously, watching a few movies. :)

Next Thursday, we'll spend the whole day at Fiesta Texas, then head to Houston on Friday for Grandma Perkins' 85th birthday party. As usual, you always need an extra week of vacation to RECOVER from your week of vacation! Such is life.

So, have a great week, and you don't have to worry about any annoying blah, blah, blah from me in your inbox. I'm sure I'll have plenty for you when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment