Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Strike

It's Tuesday after a long Labor Day weekend.  We traveled, we ate out, and we didn't sleep much. Despite the fun and other benefits of the trip, it's the perfect recipe for fatigue and the general 'blahs' in the coming week. So, what better breakfast than a healthy, energizing smoothie to start the day off right?

I was crouching in the fridge, pulling out all manner of wonderful, health-inducing ingredients like coconut milk, flax oil, whole raw cow's milk, organic yogurt, and chia seeds, when Levi and Luke march in from the garage with pickets and a bullhorn.  Well, it's technically a voice-changing device that looks like a bullhorn, but it had the same effect.




They were bobbing their signs, made from paint stirring sticks, and chanting loudly, "WE WANT REAL FOOD!  NO SMOOTHIES FOR BREAKFAST!"

While they proceeded to march around the house a couple times, I was doubled over in laughter inside the fridge.

I have to give them credit where credit is due.  THAT was funny.

Luke added to the chant, "Something chewable!"  I even heard Levi say quietly, "I've always wanted to do this."

While they pretend they don't want me to share their antics, they are always more than happy to pose for pictures, knowing full well I'm going to post them.

I have to admit, it was a good strategy.  So, what did we have for breakfast?

That's right.  Smoothies.

However, given their creativity and general cuteness, I did make it a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie.  That's a plus.

Someday, they'll thank me for teaching them to be healthy and conscious of their physical needs.

Today, though, they just have to drink it because I said so.  That's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment