I’ll start with today. I installed Microsoft Office 2010. It took me roughly 6 hours. No joke. I am NOT a computer whiz, and I kept getting these menacing errors, and I actually shed a few tears of frustration before it was over. But, alas, it is over, and I really like the new version. I highly recommend it. I only use MS Office products about 20 times a day, so it was time for an upgrade from the 2003 version.
We sat through a misty rain for a baseball game last night, and Levi finally got to pitch. He has been practicing, and wanting SO badly to pitch, but this is his first year in the minors division, and his team has several good pitchers, so we didn’t think he’d get the chance. He did, though, and he was so excited, he didn’t even know what was going on. He told us later that he had to try really hard to keep the smile off his face. The score was 13-1 us, so it was a good time to try out a new pitcher, ggl. The first batter went strike, strike, ball, strike. Wow! That was a surprise. The second batter was almost the same. I could see Honey’s chest start to puff out a little bit, and he relaxed, realizing it wasn’t going that bad. Then… about five batters walked, lol. That’s when Honey’s head was resting in his hands. But, Levi was very nervous, the ball was wet, and half the lights on the field went out, so we definitely gave him some concessions. All in all, he did a great job. He had to ask us how he did, because he honestly couldn’t even remember that he threw the first two batters out because he was so nervous and focused on pitching straight. It was cute. I was proud of my baby.
Tomorrow is the last baseball game of the season, and while I’m sad to see a fun season end, it sure will be nice to mark one more thing off our schedule. The items have been dwindling down, and we’ll finally be finished with all of our spring commitments and can actually spend some time getting our house ready to put on the market. We’re only two months behind on that, and still have a lot of work to do, so… we need to get busy. However, I trust that the Lord’s timing is right, and it will all work out. Plus, when you don’t really know where you’re going… you aren’t very motivated! We will hopefully end up somewhere close. I love, love our community, but I wish it were a little closer to the city where we worship and have homeschool activities. You know, so I could have my cake and eat it, too? (WHO made up that ridiculous expression? I mean, really… it makes about as much sense as a screen door on a submarine! (Lol! Stole that one from my witty father-in-law!))
Speaking of cake…we aren’t having any here! Well, none with wheat flour, anyway, and the gluten-free version just is NOT the same. Gluten-free is all fine and good when someone else has to eat it, but when it comes home to roost, it is NO fun. I had the doctor do a blood test for Jake’s allergies a couple weeks ago, and it came back saying he’s allergic to wheat. What?!? So, since he suffers with a constant stuffy nose, lack of taste and smell, and asthma, we decided to go GF for a while and see if it makes a difference. It makes a difference in how you feel emotionally, that’s for sure. We all crave cake, bread, sandwiches, crackers, cookies, real cereal, chicken fried steak, fried chicken, fried okra, country gravy, etc., etc. You just don’t realize how MUCH of our food contains wheat! We are trying other flours, like quinoa, rice, tapioca, potato, garbanzo bean, sorghum, and millet, but they just aren’t the same. We’re working on it, though, and I’m determined to make a really yummy GF cake soon. I bought some good cookbooks, and I’m sure we can figure it out. We just can’t exist without cake, I’m afraid.
The 4th Annual Mother’s Day Tea went well. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it, as usual. Jake was a waiter last year, but Levi got to join him this year. While he didn’t get to pour hot tea, he did a phenomenal job of keeping everyone’s water filled. He definitely exceeded my expectations! I was very proud of them both. They made a bundle of cash in tips, too.
We had a little adjusting to do this year, missing some of our friends, but we still had a good time.

After the Tea Party stress was over, Dad and the boys and I visited the Witte museum for a day.
It was just about as boring as the last time we went, lol, but we took some fun pictures inside this aquarium.
The HEB Science Treehouse is fun, but the rest is pretty bleh. I’d much rather see the McNay.
Except… for the lady who fell while we were there, sending the boys running to us for help, only to find her lying in a small puddle of blood from her injured head. Dad had to play first-responder, and the younger boys, being the only witnesses, had to give statements. That provided a little excitement, but I wouldn’t call it fun. The woman was fine, with just a laceration on her scalp that bled a lot. Once again, I was proud of my quick-acting boys.
Finally, I’m posting the pictures I just took for the boys’ student id cards. They wanted their OWN id cards, and rather than pay for the dps to make them, and get them in ‘the system’, we made them ourselves. They’re good to have in case of emergency, too, because they have their allergies and emergency contact numbers on them. They’re getting a little old to write my number in permanent marker across their back when we go to crowded places. Well, maybe not.
Levi and Luke decided they wanted police id cards, too, so they got some props and posed for the photos. They tried to be really serious and tough. LOL!
Levi looks funny because he was trying so hard not to laugh…
… because his mother, the photographer, couldn’t stop laughing. Funny, funny kids. Oh, and they don’t really plan to be policemen, because officers have to work on Sundays. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment