Let’s see… the last time I was virtually here, I was sitting at the hospital, drinking a cup of hot tea, waiting for my niece to arrive. Well, she did arrive, safe and sound, healthy and screaming. I’m not sure if she cried as much as I did during the birth, though. It would be a close call. You know, I don’t remember anyone crying when I delivered… either I’m just a softie, which can’t be the case, or they are extra-tough. Or, in Honey’s case, they don’t believe in the act of shedding tears. (Big eye-roll inserted here.)
It was beautiful. Well, theoretically, anyway. Lol, let’s just say it’s a lot more enjoyable as a bystander, than as the delivering mother! There is much more of an opportunity to appreciate the awesome and miraculous design of the Creator when you aren’t writhing in pain and ejecting a human from your loins. I’m just sayin’.

*On an aside, I’m being naughty right now and having a decaf Americano and a salted caramel chocolate square at Bux. This is my first salted caramel etc., etc., and my, it’s delicious. However, I think I can totally make it at home. Vaguely reminds me of those Little Debbie caramel chocolate peanut things I used to eat as a child. (cringe) Yum. New project.
Anyway, Cameron is a gorgeous little creature of whom I cannot get enough. Nieces and nephews are definitely the closest you get to your own kids, I think, (unless you happen upon one who loves you extraordinarily, for not being blood, which I have, and I treasure) and we are blessed with several siblings’ offspring. Although, our nephews are all but grown, so we have to rely on the nieces for our little person fixes. But, I’m thankful we’ve had them all, and we enjoy them all. I’m thankful they’re all spread out, too, so we have new babies entering the mix every few years! I’m counting on the last, youngest sister now, to keep ‘em comin’! Nicely spaced, of course, so we have ample time to enjoy each one. Nieces and nephews are like the younger person’s version of grandchildren. You can love them and enjoy them, make them think you’re the greatest, then send them home! And they don’t whine and cry at you like they do their parents… that’s what your OWN kids are for!
Here are some of my favorite pictures of Cami so far…

Sunning by the window, enjoying the warmth.
Smiling in her drifting-off-to-sleep phase. She also throws some pretty freaky opposite-direction eye rolls in when she first gets to sleep!
Cami complaining to her mommy about her first bath. Not that her mommy didn't make sure the bathroom was 90 degrees first, or have everything prepared, but it's still a pretty terrifying experience. I love that look!
Two cousins loving their new Cami. I actually had to argue with Levi about whether it was his turn or mine... I explained that when we go to visit, it's for ME to hold her. He just gets her for a minute.
I love the little jellybean she is right now (because I don’t have to get up with her), but I just can’t wait until she’s old enough to coo and smile and interact with us. New little people… such a joy and a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment