Monday, January 25, 2010

Quick Break

I’m taking a break from ironing to fix dinner and blog before we have to disassemble my desk. The internet people are coming tomorrow to move the line coming into the house, and the place we want it to come in is right behind my giant desk. My original appointment was last week, when it was drizzling, and we forgot to move the desk. When I remembered, Craig had already gone to work, so Jake and I pulled and heaved as best we could, and there was no way we could move the silly thing now that it has settled nicely into the carpet. He had to come all the way home to move it, which involved piling a lot of books and various things onto the floor, for the guys to get here and say they couldn’t climb on the roof in the rain. Well, that’s understandable, but it would have helped to know that an hour earlier! So, we moved it back and get to do it all over again tonight.

While ironing, I began watching the piano dvds we bought for me and Levi to learn piano. I played the chord progressions I learned for Jake, and it was sweet the way he patted me on the back and smiled and said, “That was really good, Mom! That’s a lot more than I played after MY first lesson!”

Luke and Levi just got finished playing with a new neighbor-child from across the street, and are watching Kit Kittredge, American Girl. They were not thrilled with MY movie pick, until I explained that it’s about a girl who is trying to solve a theft mystery. Well, that changed things! Their new friend from across the street told us he’s ‘almost nine, and sometimes in the first and sometimes in the second grade.’ When Luke was telling him that Jake had a dirt bike, he said, “I know.” I shot Craig a look and said, “So, we have another Luke.” Craig’s reply was, “Can we HANDLE another Luke?”

Honey is in from working on the sidewalk, so I better get back on dinner, and then return to my ironing… before he sees me blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment