Wow… what ARE they singing? It’s awful.
Neco went in for a grooming this morning. He was a shaggy mess, but he’s all trimmed up now and wearing his camouflage fleece coat. He’s such a rascal. Every floor-length window curtain in my house has a big yellow spot on it, but I can NOT catch him in the act! It is so frustrating! I know he’s marking, but he’s so clever and sneaky, I can’t catch him and punish him. I know that crate training works, but, come on… who really has time for that? He doesn’t normally go in the house, unless it’s an emergency, except for this marking. I guess we’ll just have to keep a onesie on him at home, too. We carry them with us to other people’s homes, in case he feels like marking there, but he never wears them at home. I guess that will have to change.
Neco's two-year birthday is coming up next week, so we’ll have to make him a doggy cake, even if he IS being naughty. We’ll skip the big party, but I’m sure we’ll still sing to him. He’s a pretty special part of our family. Jake has taken over most of the responsibility for his care now, and he’s doing a good job. I was willing to hand over that duty in order to dissuade Craig from getting Jake his OWN dog. One dog is plenty for us right now! (Or, ever.) Jake was playing with him a few minutes ago and called me to watch their trick. Jake held up the toy and squeaked it, making Neco jump up to get it, and as Neco got it in his mouth, Jake caught him in the air. I suggested he make a hoop with his arms, and Jake was excited about that idea, so I squeaked the toy while Jake made the hoop, and Neco jumped right through it. Of course, Jake, being his father’s man-child, says, “Maybe when he gets better, we can make him a hoop and soak it in gasoline and set it on fire!” We continued practicing until he was jumping pretty high. Someday, you may hear of Jake and his Fearless Neco, the Yorkie who jumps through the flames of death!
Desk…. Nap….. NO, desk! Better make some tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment