It’s a bright, lovely morning, we got to sleep in, and the kids were even quiet in the living room before we got up. We had our Saturday morning lattes, and the sun is shining off four freshly-shaved heads. Everyone is well and happy, and we get to spend a whole weekend together. It doesn’t get much better than that!
The end of our week was good, too. We went into town on Thursday and had an enjoyable day, then stayed home on Friday, doing school and house chores. Craig and I even got to play a few card games in bed last night, so we got our ‘date’ time. That’s important EVERY weekend! The kids got their time, too, though. Craig played ball with them when he got home, and they jumped on the trampoline together, which also gave me some quiet time to myself in the house. I need that every DAY!
As I write, I have my hair in curlers, and I’m sitting under the hair dryer. ( Shhhh… my hair was actually pretty dry, but this is down time for me!) The computer is in my lap, and my toenail polish is drying, so I’m having a nice time. It kind of feels like Mother’s Day weekend, instead of Father’s. To top that off, Craig lost several hands of cards last night, so I earned a wake-up massage this morning, and a foot rub tonight. Hmmmm…. He really likes to wager when we play cards, and I don’t, but I was being generous for Father’s Day, and it seemed to backfire a little. I’m the one that ended up with all the goodies!
The most exciting thing that’s happened today, so far, is that Luke
finally lost his first tooth. He’s been waiting a while for his little bottom tooth to get good and loose, and it finally did. The tough little guy pulled it himself, too! I tied a string around it so he could work on it a while, and he just got after it, pulling with two hands, until it came out! I couldn’t even stay in the bathroom to watch; it gives me the chills. He was SO excited! He’s been jumping around the house for a couple hours, and when I told him to calm down, he said, “I can’t. I’m just so excited about losing my tooth!” It has to be hard to watch your older brothers go through all the cool stuff before you, having to wait your turn. He can’t wait to show other people, so he was immediately asking if anyone was coming over today, or if we were going out. Thankfully, we’ll be spending the day at a family reunion in Fredericksburg, so he’ll have plenty of people to show. All three boys can hardly wait for that, as they’ll get to swim and hang out with their cousins, Ryan and Leanna. They don’t get to see them nearly enough, so today is a happy day for them.
I have to share what Jake said this morning. I asked him to unload the dishwasher, which is on his list of chores for the week, and he got right to it without complaining, which was nice. But, in a very jovial and polite tone, he did say, “This is SQUAW’S work!” I just had to laugh out loud. Jake is such a funny kid. The problem is, like most kids, when they get a laugh, they try for more. We spend a lot of time trying to convince him that only adults can get laughs on purpose. For kids, it has to come in natural moments… NOT when they’re trying! He is a witty, and very clever boy, so he manages fine without trying! Squaw’s work… ha!
I better wrap this up… I told them we’d skip breakfast and have ‘brunch.’ That’s really code for “I don’t want to cook twice, so you’re getting cheated out of a meal.” Now it’s after noon, so I have to feed the troops. I think my hair is quite dry by now, anyway, and my toes are, too!
The end of our week was good, too. We went into town on Thursday and had an enjoyable day, then stayed home on Friday, doing school and house chores. Craig and I even got to play a few card games in bed last night, so we got our ‘date’ time. That’s important EVERY weekend! The kids got their time, too, though. Craig played ball with them when he got home, and they jumped on the trampoline together, which also gave me some quiet time to myself in the house. I need that every DAY!
As I write, I have my hair in curlers, and I’m sitting under the hair dryer. ( Shhhh… my hair was actually pretty dry, but this is down time for me!) The computer is in my lap, and my toenail polish is drying, so I’m having a nice time. It kind of feels like Mother’s Day weekend, instead of Father’s. To top that off, Craig lost several hands of cards last night, so I earned a wake-up massage this morning, and a foot rub tonight. Hmmmm…. He really likes to wager when we play cards, and I don’t, but I was being generous for Father’s Day, and it seemed to backfire a little. I’m the one that ended up with all the goodies!
The most exciting thing that’s happened today, so far, is that Luke
I have to share what Jake said this morning. I asked him to unload the dishwasher, which is on his list of chores for the week, and he got right to it without complaining, which was nice. But, in a very jovial and polite tone, he did say, “This is SQUAW’S work!” I just had to laugh out loud. Jake is such a funny kid. The problem is, like most kids, when they get a laugh, they try for more. We spend a lot of time trying to convince him that only adults can get laughs on purpose. For kids, it has to come in natural moments… NOT when they’re trying! He is a witty, and very clever boy, so he manages fine without trying! Squaw’s work… ha!
I better wrap this up… I told them we’d skip breakfast and have ‘brunch.’ That’s really code for “I don’t want to cook twice, so you’re getting cheated out of a meal.” Now it’s after noon, so I have to feed the troops. I think my hair is quite dry by now, anyway, and my toes are, too!
Way to go, Luke!
ReplyDelete