You may have heard a lot from me about Lilla Rose lately, and that's because I just started using my Flexi-clip, and I really like it. I've had long hair for most of my life, and REALLY long hair for the last 13 or so years. As I, ahem, 'age'.. it's getting thinner, but it's still reaches my low back, and that's a lot of hair to handle. Bobby pins have never worked well for me because I have fine hair, so the only real tools I have to keep it up and out of the way are the 'jaw' clips. They work fine, but they aren't very attractive. I did also use chopsticks for a few years, but when I started having babies and found that I could poke out my child's eye when laying their sweet little head on my shoulder, I had to give up the sticks. Needless to say, hairstyling is a challenge.
I'm busy. Like, really busy. So, aside from special events and an occasional Sunday, I do not get up in the morning and roll my hair. Or braid it, or twist it, or anything else you can think of that requires more than 2 minutes of my precious time. I don't even OWN a blowdryer (that's a whole other post about EMFs), and most mornings I just wrap it up into a little bun and I'm done. It works, but it gets really boring, for sure.
This picture of the back of my head is kind of messy, but that's what my hair usually looks like on a normal day. (I don't use many hair products. Also another post.) The boys know that if we're going somewhere and I look like a madwoman, they need to let me know before we leave. However, the clip even dressed up my usually crazy fly-away hair, making me look like I put at least a little effort into it.
The figure eight-shaped part of the clip is made from piano wire and covered in beads, while the bar that goes through it is a strong, but lightweight metal. It's not flimsy, at all. I have pushed and pulled on this thing, trying to fit it over my bun, and it's very strong.
The first couple days I used the clip, I had a hard time getting it in straight, getting it just right on the bun, making it tight enough, etc. It was a little bit of a challenge, and I was convinced I had the wrong size for the style I wear. However, after over a week of using it, I've really gotten the hang of it. I had to drop the bun a little bit, instead of making it round, but it actually looks more interesting this way, and a little less generic. I'm still going to try a larger size, as well, but I can now whip my hair up into my normal style, and have the clip in tight and secure in a flash. It holds just as well as the jaw clips I was using before, and looks much better.
The cross-bar has three notches, so you can make the clip tighter, and more rounded, or flatter, depending on what you're trying to do. That helps a lot.
Here's the side view, and you can see that, although that bun isn't going ANYwhere, the rest of my hair is relaxed, and not pulled back so tightly, like it is when I use the 'other' clips. You can also see that big gray 'Vitch Hair' on the side of my head. (That's 'witch' with a Slovic accent. It's used in our house regularly.) I'd appreciate if you forgot about that. It has already disappeared, and I don't have time to photoshop it out because I need to make pancakes.
I haven't been able to try out a French twist or a 'half-up' yet, as I need a smaller clip for that, but I'm really excited about getting several different sizes and styles to try. It will take me a little while, as they cost more than the clips I'm used to buying, but they don't break like those clips do, either. Long-haired mamas like me can easily go through several packages of hair clips a year due to breakage and loss, and I'm the only female in the house. I know families with girls that go through several packages a month! So, paying a little more for something that will last me years is totally worth it.
I had wondered about the rhinestone, and whether or not it will come out, but it seems very solid and well-made. A friend of mine said she lost a rhinestone in hers after having it for several months, and the company replaced the clip at no charge, no questions asked. They guarantee their products, and will easily exchange if you find you've purchased the wrong size. It sounds like a company I'll enjoy supporting.
All-in-all, I'm sold. The Lilla Rose hair jewelry is strong, flexible, functional, and cute. That's three out of four of my own qualities, so we're a good match. I'll be starting a collection of Flexi-clips, and will also try out their other accessories, like the O Rings that are made to hold ponytails, and the You-pins, which look interesting. I'll try and remember to post how those work for me.
Krystin's website address is www.lillarose.biz/joyfulheart if you'd like to take a look and ask her any questions. Thanks for letting me try the Flexi, Krystin!
Okay, now I'd better put up my hair. Nothing says delicious like pulling a 48" hair out of your pancake. Mmmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment