I’m sitting outside under some big oak trees while the younger boys play on the playground, and Jake is inside for music camp. Thankfully, it’s not too hot this morning, yet, so it’s a beautiful place to be writing! Levi and Luke are completely taken with the big concrete drainage pipe that’s part of this playground, which is amusing. Didn’t all the good parks have those when I was a kid? Granted, there isn’t an old, dangerous, really-make-you-throw-up merry-go-round, but the tunnel is still fun, and it will hopefully not produce any broken bones like the ‘wheel of death.’
Jake’s music camp is three days this week, as an orientation to the year of choir, that will start in September. I’m more thrilled about it than he is, but I think he’s glad to be able to meet some new kids and have some kind of activity outside the house. He hasn’t played baseball in several years, and piano was individual, so he’s not had much opportunity to do any group activities. We were a little worried this morning, though, when we showed up and he was the ONLY boy in a room of 30-40 girls. He was a little upset with me. There are other boys on the roster, but only one finally showed up, and when they just walked by, he and Jake were already teamed up. I sure hope the others show up, or Jake AND his daddy are going to be a little perturbed!
I have been doing a lot of research on the symptoms I’ve been having, being down a day or two every week, and saw my family doctor last week. They did a full cbc and told me everything was fine, except that I have an elevated white blood count, but no infection. Well, that doesn’t help much. Thankfully, I insisted that they add iron levels to the test, since they didn’t order them and told me the rest of the workup didn’t indicate anemia. When my iron came back, it was quite low, as we had expected, contributing to my low energy, so we have some explanation of what’s going on. I also found a doctor that treats hormone imbalance, which I’ve suspected for a while, with safe and natural ‘alternative methods’ (which just means that his treatment isn’t accepted by traditional physicians, medical organizations, or the FDA, as if that would make it safe…don’t get me started on it!). The therapies have been used in other countries as routine practice, but the pharmaceutical-owned FDA hasn’t approved them for use here. Go figure… it’s cheap, safe, and works… why WOULD the FDA approve it?? Craig and I are actually very optimistic, and a little excited about going, and maybe getting this crazy lady back in order, without drugs. If that doesn’t take care of 90% of my issues, I will start allergy desensitization again, but using sublingual drops (also not approved by the FDA, yet MUCH safer than injections, and MUCH cheaper.) It’s exciting to know that there ARE alternatives to the treatments I’ve been using my whole life that haven’t worked, but so sad that our government is more interested in making money than actually helping people. In case you missed it, that was a news flash, right? I had to have a hormone panel for my appointment, so we made a stop by the lab on the way into town this morning. The boys were asking what I had to have done, and when I told them they were going to take some blood, Levi said, “Well, will they give it back to you sometime?” Let’s hope not!
We had a nice visit with Dad last week, including a lunch at our favorite place downtown, Guadalajara Grill. They make a delicious soup in a molcajete, a big stone bowl that they heat in the oven, and they shared the recipe! I’m always hesitant to ask, because most places won’t, but they did, and I can’t wait to make it. I’m sure it won’ be just like theirs, but close will suffice.
Dad got all his stuff packed up and the truck loaded, but I wasn’t sure he would actually leave. If his car hadn’t been up there, I’m not sure he would have. It has to be hard to leave your family and go so far away, even for just a few months, which is what his stay will be, most likely. I just can’t imagine people in the military having to do it for long periods of time, leaving their kids and spouses. It must be torture.
Okay, now it’s hot!
I can't wait to find out what happens with your dr! I hope that it helps you a bunch! And, yes it is torture for the military members to be away from their families, AND it's torture for the families left back at home!
ReplyDelete