The kids have been pretty good today, keeping themselves entertained while I rest and doze, and thank goodness for Jake, who warmed up lunch and got it on the table. Having older kids sure is nice! Since I’ve been confined to the couch, I have taken the opportunity to do a little family sleuthing, and found gravestone pictures for several of my great-great and greater grandparents. This is my great-great-great-great grandfather, Jesse Poynor, 1809-1837.

I’ve also gotten some good information on birth and death dates to add to my scrapbook-in-progress. There is just something about holding pictures and other things that were at sometime in the hands of my ancestors, a hundred years ago, that fills me with awe. It’s what I imagine it is like to walk through the room where the Declaration of Independence was signed, or to walk up the hill of Golgotha, where you know the Savior’s feet once trod. It’s pretty amazing. I hope I get to make those trips someday!
Saturday, the kids played in the pool for a while, and I took a few pictures. They had a blast, splashing and sliding around. It’s pretty amazing how much fun you can get out of a $25 plastic pool! This is Levi, Luke, Adin, Leah, Keira, and Gavin, the neighbor.
Here are some pictures I took of the kids on Sunday night, too, still in their dress clothes. Cute kiddos! While we were at dinner with a total of 15 kids, a random woman walked in and handed them balloons. They were the best balloon animals we had ever seen, and she followed them with her business cards. Pretty smart woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment