This morning, though I should be packing the car, I am watching the deer eat the long, green grass for which I am very thankful. Such a nice thing to see in the morning! Today is our long day – we have to be in San Antonio by 9:30 for piano, then we usually hit the grocery and go to our friends’ house for history and/or science. We are still going to their house, but it’s for a girls’ hang-out day to decorate hats for the upcoming Mother’s Day Tea. Hopefully, it will be warm enough for the kids to play outside in the sprinkler and kiddie pool, giving us at least a LITTLE peace in the house. That always seems to work out better in theory than in practice, though.
It’s been a strange week. Busy, as usual, but also strewn with unexpected occurrences, like all of our ball games being canceled due to the swine flu scare. Notice, I said due to the “scare”, not the flu! It’s quite ridiculous what a big deal they are making of the flu. Yes, I realize that it kills people, but that’s nothing new. The world gets the flu every year. I’m not too eager to find out WHY they are making such a big deal about it, but I think it’s getting out of hand a bit. You won’t find us holed up in our house, but we are using Thieves and taking measures to stay well. We do that every cold & flu season, though.
In addition to that, we’ve had to put my grandmother back in the hospital for depression, and we’re hoping and praying that new treatments will help pull her out of it and give her a normal life again. I don’t understand mental illness, and it’s very hard to deal with as a family member. I hate to admit it, but I know we all feel this way and never say it, but it’s like you just want to slap some reality back into them. Well, on second thought, that DOES sound a little like some of the treatments they use. Anyway, our family needs prayers as we go through the process, not only for strength and faith, but for the ability to look at it as an illness, and treat it with the utmost compassion. That can be hard to do sometimes, when it just wears and wears on you, with no apparent respite in sight. We are hoping, though. We need our Mammy back.
I’m hoping for a stress-free weekend and a little fun to go with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment