The correct answer for question 14 is B – Christy, because she has exhibited behavior devoid of intelligence and organization, just as white bread is devoid of vitamins and nutrition.
“White bread” is a little derogatory name we use in our family if someone has acted foolishly, or without thought, and I certainly started this week off with a bang – showing up for Jake’s assessment testing a day EARLY! I made plans for all the boys and myself to stay in Austin, had arrangements for Luke and Levi while Jake and I were at the testing, and blew it! For some reason, I had it in my wee little brain that it was on Monday, but, alas, it was not. We spent Monday just messing around and hanging out with Dad, then I went to visit Mammy that evening. We stayed the night there, went to testing Tuesday, like we were supposed to, then drove the younger boys to New Braunfels and went home. I was so tired, I crashed on the couch for two hours, then had no trouble going back to sleep for the night just a couple hours later! I’m not entirely sure WHY I’m so tired (it’s not like I’M testing!) but I decided it had a lot to do with all the bread I ate yesterday. I’ve been eating mostly veggies and salad for about a week, because that’s what I wanted, but Jake and I hit Whole Foods on Monday, and I’ve eaten most of a loaf of white Brioche by myself! (Duh! WHITE bread!) I rarely eat white bread, and even then in very small quantities, so a whole day of it was probably a little much. Certainly enough to make me sluggish and tired! I’d like to blame the brain lapse on it, but that was before I ate it, so, I’ll have to take full credit.
While Jake is testing, I’ve been sitting in an adjacent classroom, altering wedding photos in Photoshop. I love doing that, and that you CAN fix photos, but it does get tiring when you have a good number to do. Today, I may have to sneak out to the truck and have a little nappy! Jake said the test is really easy, which is good to hear. We won’t get the results for about 6 weeks, but I’m not worried at all. I fully expect him to have mastered everything on it, and I hope I’m right. However, we did a sample test at home (not put out by the same people) and the area we thought he would breeze through, reading comprehension, is the one in which he missed the most! He’s a very strong reader, and has always had great comprehension, but it seems he didn’t really like ANY of the answer choices, so he just picked one. We had to do a little work on how to choose the BEST answer, and how to use the process of elimination, so I hope he doesn’t have the same problems on the real thing. He’s not nervous about it at all, so I’m sure he’ll do well. I kind of wish I could take a test… don’t they have mom’s assessments? Doesn’t anyone care what I know? Well, considering the amount of time Craig spends wishing I DIDN’T tell him everything I know, I think I can answer that question. Right, honey?
My grandmother is still in the hospital, and not showing a great deal of improvement, though maybe a little. She should be able to go home next week, but it will be quite a while before she can be on her own as she recovers from her stay, so the family will likely be pulling shifts for at least a month. After that, we hope to get her moved into a retirement community where she’ll have more to do, and get back into a healthy social network. Growing old is difficult, I know, and it’s equally difficult for the family who tries to keep you safe and comfortable as you do it! However, if she ends up NOT going to the place we’ve chosen, Jake and I have agreed that WE would gladly take the apartment… along with the pool, gourmet restaurant, billiards room, workout room, café, and various other amenities we’d love! I’m pretty sure they won’t take a family of 5, but the boys would be a welcome addition there. Just yesterday, as we toured the community, a woman in the full-service beauty salon (next door to the bank branch!) asked if she had a “little boy that age” because she sure would like to have one! Even in the grocery store, I have grandparents that offer to take the boys home with them for a while. Strangely enough, when I start running to the car to get the suitcase, they have a change of heart… go figure.
Back to working on photos now… only 4 hours to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment