Saturday, March 14, 2009

Last night, we asked these questions of each of the kids. They didn't get to hear anyone else's answers, so they were all original. When I was done with the kids, Craig wanted to answer, so it has a nice little twist on it with our spouse's answers. I love doing these with the kids. You really get a peek into their minds when they aren't being guarded.

Questions asked by Craig in individual interrogations. March 13, 2009


1. What is something I always say to you?
Jake- Cut it out.
Levi- You love me.
Luke- Uh, no.
Christy- I’m workin’ on it.

2. What makes me happy?
Jake- Mom.
Levi- Spending time with me.
Luke- Being good, being with you.
Christy- When you have all my attention and your boys are here.

3. What makes me sad?
Jake- Thinking about Mom dying.
Levi- Spanking me.
Luke- When you spank us.
Christy- Thinking you’ve hurt someone.

4. How do I make you laugh?
Jake- Can’t remember.
Levi- You tease Neco.
Luke- By doing something funny, like a funny dance.
Christy- With your clever remarks and, of course, when you do the running man dance.

5. What do you think I was like as a child?
Jake- Levi.
Levi- Good.
Luke- Mean.
Christy- A lot like Levi – difficult!

6. How old am I?
Jake- 33.
Levi- 33.
Luke- Hmm, 33.
Christy- 33 going on 23… except for your joints… they are going on 40.

7. How tall am I?
Jake- 6’ 1”… 6’ 2”.
Levi- 10 feet tall?
Luke- 100 pounds.
Christy- not as tall as you think

8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Jake- Play Wii. No, watch movies. No… hunt.
Levi- Play Wii.
Luke- Be with us.
Christy- No comment.

9. What do I do when you're not around?
Jake- Watch movies and play Wii.
Levi- Relax.
Luke- Work.
Christy- Miss me, watch movies, and eat white bread and ham.

10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
Jake- Body-builder.
Levi- Being a movie star.
Luke- Money.
Christy- Making a fortune and giving it away.

11. What am I really good at?
Jake- Hunting.
Levi- Wii.
Luke- Making us laugh.
Christy- Just about anything you try, you little skunk!

12. What am I not really good at?
Jake- Mario Kart. (Wii game)
Levi- ??
Luke- You’re good at almost everything.
Christy- Finding the ‘middle’ of anything. “Middle of the road” is not in your vocabulary. Oh, and learning from a female!

13. What is my job?
Jake- Vulcan Materials, Christian, father, husband.
Levi- Vulcan Materials.
Luke- To go around the place and check if things are right.
Christy- To please me and do my bidding… Mu-ha-ha-ha!!

14. What is my favorite food?
Jake- Steak.
Levi- Dessert. Yellow cake would be that.
Luke- Salad.
Christy- Hmm… Prime rib or cake… it’s a toss-up.

15. What makes you proud of me?
Jake- You.
Levi- I love you, and that you love me.
Luke- You staying with us.
Christy- Continuing to do what you don’t love in order to provide for your family, and for being a leader and example.

16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
Jake- Popeye. Because he’s a strong one, and he’s always standing up for his girl.
Levi- Fred (from Scooby-Doo). He’s smart.
Luke- Let’s see… Bugs Bunny. Just because.
Christy- Superman. He’s strong, handsome, romantic, smart, and just a little bit dorky when he’s out of uniform.

17. What do you and I do together?
Jake- A lot of stuff.
Levi- Hug.
Luke- I don’t know, work with you at work.
Christy- Work, play, and everything else we can.

18. How are we the same?
Jake- We’re not, except for, we both like Mommy, and we both like each other.
Levi- Eyes and chin.
Luke- The hair.
Christy- We love God and the kids, and work for them both. We’re both a little obsessive/compulsive, but in different areas.

19. How are you and I different?
Jake- Just about everything. I’m scrawny and you’re huge, I’m weak and you’re strong, I can’t flex my nipples and you can.
Levi- Nose and ears.
Luke- The beard.
Christy- Well, you’re more disciplined than I am in a lot of things, and much more daring. I’m more of a planner than you, for sure!

20. How do you know that I love you?
Jake- By the way you act.
Levi- You tell me that.
Luke- Because you tell me.
Christy- You show me in a thousand ways, and you always put my needs before your own. You are constantly trying to improve your already great self for the sake of me and the kids.

21. Where is my favorite place to go?
Jake- To bed.
Levi- Home.
Luke- Home.
Christy- Anywhere with me… except shopping.


Questions asked by Christy, in individual interrogations. March 13, 2009


1. What is something I always say to you?
Jake- Stop Fighting!
Levi- Behave.
Luke- No.
Craig- Stop that!

2. What makes me happy?
Jake- A head rub.
Levi- Us to behave.
Luke- When we be good.
Craig- A clean home and security.

3. What makes me sad?
Jake- Shootin’ dogs.
Levi- When you spank us.
Luke- When we hurt your feelings.
Craig- Sad movies.

4. How do I make you laugh?
Jake- You make weird faces.
Levi- I don’t think you ever have.
Luke- By a funny joke.
Craig- With your dry sense of humor.

5. What do you think I was like as a child?
Jake- Like me.
Levi- Good.
Luke- Good.
Craig- Boyish.

6. How old am I?
Jake- 32
Levi- 31
Luke- 31
Craig- 94! Uh, do you want your real age? 32. (I’m 31!!!!!!!!)

7. How tall am I?
Jake- I don’t know. 4 feet?
Levi- Okay, I don’t know. 8 feet tall?
Luke- I don’t know. 33?
Craig- 5 foot 3… 5’ 4”

8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Jake- Chat with Kari.
Levi- Spend time with us.
Luke- Have fun.
Craig- I don’t know if you can write that down… hot bath with a book.

9. What do I do when you're not around?
Jake- Eat candy and go to parties.
Levi- Relax.
Luke- Go to the store.
Craig- Sit and mope.

10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
Jake- Singing.
Levi- Being a billionaire.
Luke- For us!
Craig- Your cooking.

11. What am I really good at?
Jake- Singing.
Levi- Everything.
Luke- Making us cry.
Craig- The second thing would be making cakes.

12. What am I not really good at?
Jake- Keeping away from sugar.
Levi- Playing Wii, I’ll tell ya’ that!
Luke- Playing Wii.
Craig- Obeying.

13. What is my job?
Jake- Okay, here’s the list- teacher, mom, Christian, wife, housekeeper, dishwasher, massager, soother, shopper, and model.
Levi- To work at home.
Luke- Washing dishes.
Craig- Day job, or night job? Day job is domestic engineer and wife.

14. What is my favorite food?
Jake- Chocolate ganache-filled cupcakes.
Levi- Carrots? Vegetables!
Luke- Cake.
Craig- Tres Leches Cake, or dessert in general. It’s hard for me to know that anymore, you like so many!

15. What makes you proud of me?
Jake- You.
Levi- Everything. I love you!
Luke- You being nice to us, or taking us somewhere fun.
Craig- The way you deal with people, and how organized you are. It’s hard to put into words. When you go outside your box, that’s what I should have said.

16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
Jake- Bugs Bunny. He’s more of the sensible one of the bunch.
Levi- Mrs. Claus? No, Daphne (from Scooby Doo). ‘Cause she looks like you.
Luke- Not Bugs Bunny. Cinderella!
Craig- Cat girl. Because inside you’re mysterious and adventurous, you just don’t let it escape very often. Either that, or Wonder Woman. You like to be in charge.

17. What do you and I do together?
Jake- Eat.
Levi- Almost everything in the house, except for play, and talk, mostly.
Luke- Stay home.
Craig- Everything we can, I guess.

18. How are we the same?
Jake- Eyes, ears, teeth, hair, speech pattern.
Levi- We’re not the same. We have the same skin. That’s almost the only thing.
Luke- The nose and the eyes.
Craig- Huh! We both want to be in charge. Or, should I say, we both THINK we’re in charge!

19. How are you and I different?
Jake- The nose.
Levi- Eyes, nose, lips, chin.
Luke- The hair.
Craig- You’re kind of sensitive and I’m kind of masculine.

20. How do you know that I love you?
Jake- By your actions- being a good mom, teacher, wife, taking care of us.
Levi- Because you spank me. If you didn’t spank me, you wouldn’t love me!
Luke- Because you TELL me that you love me.
Craig- You share things with me that you don’t share with anybody else.

21. Where is my favorite place to go?
Jake- Cancun.
Levi- Gattiland? No, home.
Luke- To tea parties.
Craig- To bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment