We are back from our trip to Odessa, and getting back into the swing of things. More things than we left, actually! But, I’ll start with the trip.
We had a nice drive to West Texas, with Aunt Cari in the passenger seat, and enjoyed an “Unbirthday Party” when we got there Monday night. That’s a little tradition that Juicy, my grandmother, started for the boys a year or two ago. We usually make a trip out there around this same time every year, and it’s always very close to Luke’s birthday. One year, we were there ON Luke’s birthday, so we had cake and ice cream and the whole she-bang. Well, she felt bad about doing all that for Luke’s birthday, but not for the other two, as we are never together for those. So, she started the really cool Unbirthday party, where we celebrate all three boys birthdays at once while we’re there to cover the whole year. It’s a great idea, and the boys love it, of course.
The third day we were there, it got really cold and started raining. I can’t complain about the cold when it brings rain, but I was chilled to the bone! When we left on Thursday morning, there was ice on all the scrubby trees and fences for about the first two hours of our trip. The roads were clean and safe, but we were surrounded by icicles. We stopped for a yummy Mexican lunch in San Angelo and were home in time for baseball practice, which was canceled anyway. It rained here at our house for several days, very slowly, so we actually have some green back in the yard for the first time in months. It’s nice to see!
On the way home, Levi and Luke started fussing about something, and Luke asked me, “Mom, what’s a word Levi can’t spell?” Levi was trying to tell him he could spell anything I guess, and I think I told him there are LOTS of words Levi can’t spell. Then he looked at Levi, and in a nanny-nanny-boo-boo kind of way, he said, “Oh, yeah? Then how do you say HELLO in cursive?!?” All we could do was laugh. It was too cute.
It looks like it’s going to be a really busy Spring for us… and Summer, for that matter. Our good friends Tim and Karen are getting married in April, and they’ve asked me to be the wedding planner. What could I say but, YES! That’s the job I’ve always wanted! Me and J Lo are like twinkies! Except, I won’t have a suit coat with all those emergency supplies… mine will be in a bag. We also have a camp meeting in April, and a Mother’s Day Tea in May. Lots to do, and LOTS to bake!! I’ll have more cake-baking in this three-month span than I’ve had in two years or more! It’s fun, but it will be crazy for a while. What’s new, right?
Okay, I have to revise the last paragraph. Craig is in bed here, reading as I type, and he’s arguing that there is a lot more difference between me and J Lo than the suit coat… like the booty. Actually, he just gave me more material for that book I am planning to write when the boys leave home… need to start writing all these jewels down… You know, the one about all the things men SHOULD NOT say out loud to their wives. Like when he just said, “Well, you’re GETTING a J Lo booty, but you’re not there yet.” Come on!!!! You might be thinking it, but puh-leez don’t say it!! Save yourself from the consequences that will SURELY befall a man who says that to his wife!!! No, I know he’s just being a goober… I’m not really upset with him. Might do a few squats in the morning, though…
No comments:
Post a Comment