Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Apologies

My first apologies are for neglecting my faithful readers. I would say no excuses, but it’s really more like no NEW excuses. Same old stuff. Busy, busy, busy! Craig and I made a second trip to Athens while the kids stayed with his parents, and it seems we’ve been trying to catch up ever since. This past weekend, we stayed in San Antonio for a birthday party and housewarming party, so it was full! The cookbooks finally came in, so we have 11 boxes in the dining area, waiting to be sold. I sent out a cute email today with pictures of the kids, advertising the books, but didn’t check the size and ended up clogging up several of my recipients’ email systems. Oops!


Craig took his employees dove hunting a couple weeks ago, and he was able to take the boys with him. (I got a lovely afternoon alone, but I had to spend part of it at the Laundromat!) They brought home some birds, and Craig decided that Levi needed to do some head-pulling to toughen him up. Before they left, Levi was talking about how gross that was, and he was always the one hiding his eyes and not participating when it was time to slaughter chickens. He’s the squeamish one of the bunch, for sure, and that’s just not acceptable to these parents. Our boys gotta be tough!!! So, here he is pulling heads. He did a good job. He made a lot of faces, but he got them all done without whining or saying he was going to be sick.



For other recap… my washer finally went out, and instead of spending several hundred on parts, we spent the extra for a new machine. Tonight and tomorrow, I’m doing MANY loads of laundry, as the old one has been out for over two weeks! I hope the water softener can take it! I also got a new sewing machine for my birthday last Thursday, Craig set it up in the bedroom to try out, and I have STILL not had time to touch it! It looks nice, though! Maybe later this week I will have a few minutes. It’s amazing I have time to sleep, you know.

Today I was reading about a homeschooling family that sold their 3400 sq. foot home and everything in it and bought a 340 sq. foot travel trailer and big truck to pull it. Now they travel all over the country as their LIFE! How cool is that. Craig and I are just wondering what they do for a living. We’d love to hop on that wagon, but it seems you DO have to have an income. I don’t know, though. Maybe Obama will take some of that ‘redistribution’ money from what you have to pay for our RV lifestyle. Maybe I should become a Democrat.


That brings me to the second line of apologies. Maybe I SHOULD have forwarded all those Republican emails about Obama to everyone I know. Just think… if I sent them to a hundred people, who then sent them to a hundred each, and so on, and so on, we might just have made up that 3 million, or whatever the gap turns out to be in the popular vote. If only we had the email addresses of those electoral college goons. It’s a depressing day in American history, that’s for sure. And socialism comes marching in…


Back to un-depressing topics. We had the globe out on the table today, and the boys were checking it out. We recently watched the new Journey to the Center of the Earth movie (which was a very clean, enjoyable movie for the whole family) and they wanted to know where the characters went into the earth, and where they came out. When I tried to explain that they went down a lava tube in Iceland, fell into the center of the earth, then resurfaced in Italy, it was very confusing to them. Since I couldn’t actually poke my finger into the center of the globe, they kept thinking you had to cross the water, or something. Anyway, when I walked away, they continued looking at it, and Luke asked Jake, “Where’s Heaven on this thing?” Jake wisely told him that they can’t put it on there, because Heaven is not on the earth. Luke still didn’t understand, wanting to know why they couldn’t just attach something to it so Heaven would be above the earth. Cute. Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment