Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo-hoo!

It’s done! It’s finally done! I have been typing, proofing, designing artwork, and printing for days now, and I’m finally finished! The cookbook, my first and probably last, is sealed and ready to ship. I think I’ll take the boys to the river for lunch as a celebration. The poor things have been ignored while I’ve pored over recipe after recipe. Now I have my life back!

We didn’t get any rain from Hurricane Ike. Well, I didn’t. Craig got to drive through some on his way down to Houston on Sunday morning. He went with his dad and brother to cover the roof of his aunt’s house until it can be repaired. Who know how long that will be. She lives in Santa Fe, which is not far at all from Galveston, and they spent most of the two days they were there moving fallen trees. Those pines are lovely until they come crashing down in your yard! Thankfully, none of them hit the house, though, and everyone was safe. They got back home on Monday night, sore, tired, and glad to be back in the a/c.

Here’s a fun conversation from the table at lunch today. Levi is feeling bad today, and running a little bit of a fever. I had just taken his temperature and given him some supplements, and we were discussing Jake’s inability to remember what he had done yesterday. (He also misplaced his Dad’s keys yesterday, and couldn’t remember where they were this morning.)

Mom: Jake, you have some real memory issues!
Luke: Hmm. I’m the only one here without issues or fever.
Levi: I don’t have issues!
Luke: Yes, you have fever!

No comments:

Post a Comment