I occasionally get one of those emails where they’ve asked several kids to answer questions about love, or their parents, or whatever, and they list all their cute answers. You know the ones. Well, I got one a few weeks ago, and we decided to make our own. Who could have cuter answers than our own kids? We’ve done this before, with different questions, and recorded it on the voice recorder. It’s a lot of fun to hear! So here is the most recent one. It’s kind of long, but worth the read.
We conducted the interviews separately, at the kitchen table. There was no leading, but we did ask them to elaborate when they gave very short answers. Most of it, especially Luke’s, just poured right out like it’s been planned for years!
How old is grown up?
Jake: 19 or up
Levi: 20
Luke: 16
What are you going to be when you grow up?
Jake: I don’t know. Maybe I’ll be an engineer, or a pianist.
Levi: A Christian. Something easy, where I can be off at Sundays and Wednesdays, like Relax the Back.
Luke: Not a policeman, cuz they shoot people, and not a fireman. I’ll be a doctor! They don’t work on Sundays. Evan said that.
What are you going to study in college?
Jake: Engineerics. Wait, what is it? Engineering!
Levi: A frog. You know, its insides.
Luke: The Bible.
What other things do people study in college?
Jake: The solar system, dead people bodies, my enemy – math, like algebra 2, how to make, like, engineering stuff.
Levi: I don’t really know.
Luke: I don’t know.
How old do you have to be to get married?
Jake: 16 or up (He gave the legal age, not his opinion.)
Levi: 18
Luke: 60
How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
Jake: 19 or up
Levi: 18
Luke: 65
What is your wife going to look like?
Jake: My mom.
Levi: Mommy. I hope she’s a Christian. (sweet smile and sigh)
Luke: I’ll find the prettiest one I see! With black eyes and black hair. Her skin color will be the color Mom has. I’ll first ask her if she smokes and if she goes to church, and I’ll ask her if she drinks wine. If she says yes, then I won’t marry her.
How old will you be when you have kids?
Jake: (Shrug) 22 or 23
Levi: 19
Luke: 69 (How old does he think WE are?)
How many kids do you want?
Jake: 3 (“Why?”) Cuz then I’ll have a lot of funny bunnies running around!
Levi: 3
Luke: 4, cuz it’s higher than 3
What kind of house do you want?
Jake: A country house with a BIG master bedroom to fit a BIG Tempurpedic bed, with a BIG t.v. to watch movies on.
Levi: My house will be secretive and when I get in the door, it waits until I get ready to do something, and it will take me there. And the lights will be electric and I’ll just have to go (he whistles) and they’ll come on.
Luke: I want pink flowers on the table, white candles on the t.v., and on my coffee table, and I’m gonna have a garden, and I’ll get a home phone, but not pink. I’ll get a pink one for my wife and a black one for me. I’ll have a school desk and whichever kid I have first, it’s gonna be his birthday, and he’ll have a baby shower. Well, my wife will GO to a baby shower.
I think we should do this monthly, with a different subject. There's an election coming up.... that could be an interesting topic!
No comments:
Post a Comment