We started our week off with a missing dog… again. Neco ran off on Friday night, and was finally found Saturday in a neighbor’s yard down the street, refusing to leave a black and white she-dog that was twice his size. I guess she smelled good. So, he was not allowed to go outside without a leash, period. Levi, who never lets the dog out when he gets up in the morning, ‘forgot’ the leash rule, and graciously let him outside again Monday morning, at which time he ran off again. Except, he was not at the same house, and Jake didn’t find him by walking and calling. A neighbor finally brought him home after his being rescued from a couple large dogs, and, amidst tears all around, I whisked him straight to the vet. It was a sad sight at our house, not knowing if he would come back, or not. And I’m sure I’m not the first person to walk into their office crying. I didn’t even have on my waterproof mascara… grrr. It’s not MY first time bawling in the vet’s office, anyway, but that’s another dog, another story. One of many times, now that I think about it.
Thankfully, all he had was some crepitation, where air gets under the skin from a tear in the rib lining, or something like that, and he should be okay. He is currently wearing a very tight bandage around his middle to keep it from filling with air, which he should have removed tomorrow, and taking it easy, along with pain killers and antibiotics.
Yes, it looks like a blue t-shirt, but it’s not. What a lot of trouble (and money) pets are! Hopefully, he has learned his lesson, and will not run away again. It will certainly be harder now, since the fence has been inspected and repaired, and we’re all on guard. Little twit.
Saturday was my little sister’s first baby shower, which was exciting. She had more gifts than I think I’ve EVER seen at a baby shower, a real blessing. She has some wonderful friends! I’m excited about being an aunt again, and getting to snuggle another wee wittle baby… and a girl, at that! I will call her squishy, and she will be my friend! Oh, sorry… moms have a propensity for quoting Disney movies.
I made the cake, of course. I’m the sister, and I get first dibs. :)
Maybe the new sweetie, Cameron, will look like her mom…

or her Neicey...
That's Cari on the left, Cameron in the middle, and Neicey on the right.
She’s been asking me for her baby pictures, so I took them to the shower. Good plan! We couldn’t have come up with an activity more fun than those photos, and the laughter that ensued. I thought little sis was gonna wet… Uh.. was gonna have a cow. Instead of a baby. Keep that one in mind when planning a baby shower.
Oh, Levi’s at bat. Time to pay attention!
No comments:
Post a Comment