Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Who IS their history teacher?

I was making tea in the kitchen a few minutes ago, while the boys were playing in the living room. They had a toy rifle and were making all kinds of noises with their mouths to resemble punches, bullets, and who knows what else. (Being female, I don’t really get the whole noise thing. I don’t think females were designed with the capability to imitate EVERY noise they hear!) Anyway, when Levi and Luke ‘play’, they narrate the whole thing, so the other brother knows how the story should go, and what to do. So, here is just a small part of what I heard. Remember that it is accompanied by a lot of noises and dramatic animation.

Luke: Why are you trying to kill all those people?
Levi: I’m not.
Luke: Well, I was in World War 1, and World War 2, and World War 3, and all
the OTHER wars!
Levi: (Fumbling around on the ground) Wait! I lost my contact!

A few minutes later…

Luke: I’m gonna be in World War 20,000 tomorrow!
Levi: (Now in narration mode, which is a dry, monotone voice) It was morning.
Luke: You woke up to my gun and fell back asleep.
Levi: (following directions and replying sleepily) Da-ad, I was in a war last night!

Of course, I could go on, but I can’t type that fast, or that long. And it’s impossible to type those noises where you would understand them. I’m just glad they have stopped trying to role-play ‘guy and girlfriend’ and stick to son and dad now! At least when they are in hearing range!

Jake is running a fever today, with no other symptoms, so he’s holed up in his room. He wasn’t enjoying the drama in the living room, apparently. He’s feeling pretty bad, so I made him some really terrible-tasting herbal tea to drink. When he complained, I told him he could either drink it, or we’d have to get it in him some other way, and he managed to get it down pretty fast. It was awful, though. I tasted it, and it was like drinking weeds with a black pepper after-bite. Ick.

I’m about to wrap the last of the gifts for this year, and I must say I’ve been VERY pleased with my shopping. I may have bought two or three items at the store, but EVERYTHING else was online. It was awesome! We’ve become friends with the UPS guy, who was at our house almost every day for two weeks, and I didn’t have to go out looking for things. I also got to bypass the temptations that surround you in the store, where you find lots of things that you ‘need’ that AREN’T on your list, which saved me a lot of money!

Oh… now someone got shot in the head and we can see their brain… time to go back to the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment